Friday 3 February 2017

What I did on my Winter Holiday

Fluffrick and I (and the two dogs of course) have just spent the last week on the lovely Isle of Arran, at the Auchrannie resort.

The weather has not been this good all week, so I've got a lot of sewing done.  I am the crazy lady that takes her sewing machine on holiday with her.  This is not quite a crazy as it sounds, first of all we drive here and then we stay in a lovely self catering house, with lots of room for me to spread out my sewing stuff.

So I brought nine projects with me (maybe a little over the top) and I have managed to finish seven of them, not bad going.

So first of all I completed my second Grainline Moss Mini (I got this pattern in the Indie Pattern Swap last year in IPM on The Monthly Stitch).  I have no idea what the fabric it, it has been in my stash a long time, but I thought it was a good neutral colour that would go with lots of things (and it goes with my stripey tights).
I'm wearing it with my next make a Navy Jennifer Lauren Handmade Gable Top.  This top is so quick to make and I don't even have an overlocker.


I took about 5cm of the length of the top and the sleeves, because I had only bought 75cm of fabric.  I bought the Gable Dress expansion pack last week, so I definitely see a Gable dress in my future.

Next is another Compagnie M Susanne Cardigan.  This is my forth time making this pattern (first time blogging about) and I just love it.  I also have it in a purple marl ponte, a teal boiled wool and a cycles jersey.  As with most Compagnie M patterns there are wonderful feature pockets.

I am really happy with this cardigan despite the look on my face!


Hagrid always seems to think two heads are better than one.



I did do a little unselfish sewing, I made a wallet for my goodie bag swap for the next Yorkshire Spoolettes meet-up - so no photo yet.  And I made another pair of Thread Theory Jedediah Pants for Fluffrick from a lovely soft corduroy.  Fluffrick says these are the most comfortable trousers he owns, this is the third pair I have made for him, a forth will be on the way soon.


And my final two makes are Blueprints for Sewing Saltbox Top and a third pair of Itch to Stitch Liana Jeans.  The Saltbox Top has been on my to make list for over a year now and I'm glad I finally got round to making it.  It's quite a loose fitting top, so I may go down a size next time.  The Liana Jeans are definitely my go to jeans pattern and I made this pair out of only 1m of fabric (the fabric was 1.6m wide).  These jeans aren't quite finish, they only have one back pocket at the moment.  These jeans were already half made before the holiday and when I was trying to get all my supplies together last Saturday morning I couldn't find the second rear pocket.  I'll put it on when we get back home, as it does look a little weird with only one pocket.



Home tomorrow, hopefully it won't be too wet a drive.  It would be nice if Arran wasn't a 55 minute ferry ride and five hour drive away from home, but it's worth the effort.



0 comments: