Friday 13 January 2017

Age Appropriate Sewing

So today is the 29th anniversary of me passing my driving test, I passed when I was 17, so you can do the maths.  So what should someone of my advancing years, sew and wear - answer, what ever the hell they want.

I do have a fondness for novelty prints and as I'm not much of a dress wearer, skirts it is.

I made this skirt at the end of 2015 (I may be a little behind on my blogging) to wear to a screening of Star Wars - The Force Awakens.

Here is a close up of the fabric.

I used the ever trusty New Look 6106.  I can now make this skirt out of only 1 metre (or in this case 1 yard) of fabric and add a bit of fullness to the front, just by setting the front as far away from the fold as the fabric will allow.  I need to do the waist and pocket facings in a co-ordinating fabric, but as they are not seen, I don't have a problem with that.


 Next up is a wonderful Foxy skirt.  I have a love of orange, so was very happy to find a fabric to make another skirt to go with this cardigan.  I made it again using New Look 6106.


And last but not least another Cycle skirt (and two lovely doggies - note to self I must find some lovely doggy fabric).

Here is a close up.

This time I used Megan Nielsen's Brumby Skirt, slightly modified to fit into 1.25 metres of 115cm wide fabric.  I had to reduce the width of the skirt slightly and make the pockets a tad less vast, but it's still swooshy enough.

All the skirts are suitable for dog walking (very important) and suitable for work (I maybe work in a more laid back office than most) and entirely age appropriate I feel. 

0 comments: